Three answers per commenter till 6 PM (Annotations compulsory)
Please submit all your answers in one comment.
Enjoy.
(COMMENTS ENTERED WITH LESS THAN THREE ANSWERS/ANNOTATIONS WILL BE DELETED WITHOUT NOTICE, UNLESS THE COMMENTER SPECIFIES THAT IT IS A COMPENSATION FOR A REPEAT)
Grid will be updated with solutions after 8 PM.
Enjoy.
13A:papyri=ancient scriptures
ReplyDelete(pa) regularly pays(py) religious institutions mainly(ri)
(pa)(pi)(ri)
(pa)(py)(ri)
Delete7D: she advises people with personal problems = agony aunt
ReplyDelete(Nay to a gun)*
Shot is anagram indicator
Sathia
1dn way to go (wa(toy) gon-n)
ReplyDelete1ac wolves w(love)*s
15ac oink (T)
19A: IN ABSENTIA (ANNIE+BESANT-EN+I)*
ReplyDelete2D: LISLE (L)(ISLE)
14D: RADICAL (T<--)
27 ac olive oil-livelihood-h d*
ReplyDelete29 major-eighteen h(eightene)d*
18 as i see it - in my opinion.
as is -unaltered as is e tie<
27A: it takes care of your heart = olive oil
ReplyDelete((Livelihood (-h)(-d))*
Improvising is anagram indicator
Sathia
6D: they help removing heat from engines= coolants
ReplyDelete((Cool)(ants))
Sathia
In lieu of 27A,
ReplyDelete19D: how is the first number interpreted in crosswords? = A for One (CD)
Sathia
Correction: it is I not A; I for one
DeleteSathia
4A:bar chart=it shows comparative quantities
ReplyDelete(bar)(cha)(rt)
9Ac YES-MAN - {YE(-O+S}{MAN}
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete15Ac OINK (T)
ReplyDelete10A:zero hour=schedule for launching an attack
ReplyDeletenothing(zero) on time(hour)
(zero)(hour)
Crossing is not fitting! With Alas
DeleteSathia
My 3rd
ReplyDelete4Dn ALAS - {A(-t)LAS(-t)}
Read 4Dn as 5Dn
Delete15A- Oink- Beastly cry- T- flamingO IN Kayak
ReplyDelete5D- Alas- Unfortunately- At last- T-T
ReplyDeleteA(T) LAS(T)
Models- TT
For4Dn
ReplyDelete17Ac MIDAS TOUCH - {DACOITS HUM}*
This comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteThis is my 3rd in lieu of 15Ac
Delete23A- Obtuse- O(BT)USE
ReplyDeleteEmpty bucket-BT, River- Ouse
Engulfs- Containment indicator
8D, doesn’t fit definition. Someone can clarify both zero hour and 8D.
ReplyDeleteSathia
8D is fine. 10A and 5D don't seem to fit.
DeleteSorry Sathia, that was a clue originally written and replaced later. Please read 5DN as "Port, key Israeli hideout (4)"
Delete12a OVERLEAF (on the other side)
ReplyDelete(-c)over (-p)lea (-i)f
16d NEAR THING (nasty moment)
Delete(another gin -o)*
25d GUIDE (leader)
Deleteridiculed = guyed = ~guide
17a. MIDAS TOUCH. - Ability to make money easily
ReplyDelete(Dacoits hum)*
Excitedly. - Anagrind
20a. ETUI. - Case of needles
- q (UITE)*
Busy - Anagrind
23a. OBTUSE. - Slow
OUSE. - River
BT. - empty BuckeT
Engulfed - Contain ind
Apologies for the slip. Please read 5Down as
ReplyDelete"Port, key Israeli hideout (4)"
Ignore the clue "Unfortunately, models leave in the end (4)"
Thanks for your understanding.
Replace for 17a
ReplyDelete24a. DARK AGES. - Historic period contrary to light years
Yet to be solved:
ReplyDeleteACROSS: 28 AND 30
DOWN: 3; 8; 11; 21; 22 AND 26
Replace for 23a
ReplyDelete21d. IN SHORT. - To use few words
H. - Husband
IN. - Smart
SORT. - Set
Joins. Insert Ind for H
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteIncorrect answer Naresh, try again.
DeleteRelook. Does not go with any crossings.
DeleteReplacement for Alas-
ReplyDelete30A- Aikido- Way of self defence- AI KID O
Best- A1- AI
Joke- Kid, Round- O
28A
DeleteYet to be solved:
ReplyDeleteACROSS: 30
DOWN: 3; 5 [revised]; 8; 11; 22 AND 26
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteNot correct. Try again.
ReplyDeleteThanks KKR, for a wonderful Sunday special.
ReplyDeleteSathia
3D, E mails=current communication
ReplyDeletemales hide, container
Emails comes
possible?
Your solution word is correct. find out how I comes in?
ReplyDeletecurrent is I. Right?
Deleteyes, you are right
Delete11d : SALIENT (SAL(I)E)(NT)
ReplyDeleteBazar (market) : SALE
International : I
Books : NT
Defn : Prominent
30A : ASPECT (A)(S(P)ECT)
ReplyDeleteA:; A
Power ::P
Splinter group : SECT
Usurped is the insertion ind for P
Defn : Air
Yet to be solved:
ReplyDeleteDOWN: 3; 5 [revised]; 8; 22 AND 26
My third
ReplyDelete26D : LIKE
Tra(i)ner heartily : I
Water : LAKE - A left. So I in LKE : LIKE
Defn As
Definition : As
DeleteA slip. Forgot to mention A is for amateur!
Delete26D, like=as
ReplyDeletetraIner(I, heartily), water is Lake(-a)
Like(-a+I)
Enjoyable Sunday special. Thanks KKR garu.
ReplyDeleteYet to be solved:
ReplyDeleteDOWN: 5 [revised]; 8; 22
By your leave may I?
ReplyDelete26d. LIKE. - As
LAKE. - Water
L(-a for amateur left) +I for trainer heartily+KE
22D, Skeins= flock of geese
ReplyDeleteskins is outer layer, E is energy
22d. SKEINS. - Flocks of flying geese
ReplyDeleteSKINS. - Outer layers
E. Energy
Conserving - Insert Ind
Yet to be solved:
ReplyDeleteDOWN: 5 [revised]; 8;
The revised clue for 5Down is "Port, key Israeli hideout (4)"
ReplyDeletePort=Aden
ReplyDeleteKey israeli(a) hideout(den)
(a)(den)