Three answers per commenter till 6 PM (Annotations compulsory)
Please submit all your answers in one comment.
Enjoy.
(COMMENTS ENTERED WITH LESS THAN THREE ANSWERS/ANNOTATIONS WILL BE DELETED WITHOUT NOTICE, UNLESS THE COMMENTER SPECIFIES THAT IT IS A COMPENSATION FOR A REPEAT)
Grid will be updated with solutions after 8 PM.
Enjoy.
1A:hobsons's choice=take it or leave it
ReplyDelete{(boss)(nice)(hooch)}*
3D:severance=divorce
ReplyDelete{(case)(never)}*
4D:norm=usual
ReplyDeletefat-head=moron, gets up=reversal indicator
without basic outfit(-o)
(moron-o)<=
17D: to experience adult kisses = osculates
ReplyDelete(Cute la(-dies)(so))*
Sathia
cute la so accounting for only 8 letters.
DeleteAdult kisses = osculates
Delete(Cute la(-die)s so)*
Desperate to experience is die
Vacation is removal indicator
Sathia
Ladies on vacation is LS and adult=A
Delete28A: disposal of superfluous stock = clearance sale
ReplyDelete(A caller can see)*
Sathia
9D: fitness of the craft for navigation = air worthiness
ReplyDelete(New air hostess)*
Sathia
Please relook. From where the second 'i' comes?
DeleteIs there an error in clue? Or am I missing something?
DeleteSathia
Leave air and look for another worthiness.
DeleteGot it , setter means seaworthiness not airworthiness, since both are craft for navigation, I presumed airworthiness. Thanks for pointing out.
DeleteSathia
9 d accident prone-one can predict*
ReplyDelete21 ac rickshaw-vehicle.battle-war < H urt
Deleter(icks*) h aw<.
22 d sepia. apes-parrots I ndigo.
sep(i)a<
27A, Rations=food (def)
ReplyDelete(in a store)* Rations E(largely means deletion of E)
26 A, Nonuple=Nine-fold increase(def.)
ReplyDeleteUp=increase , without interest means (-I)
So, on-line + up= onlineup(-i)
(Onlneup)*
Nonuple
transfer is Anagram indicator
11a NOISOME; foul; No1 SOME(one or two)
ReplyDelete2d ON DIT; word on the street; D in INTO*; drinking heavily as anagrind
19d TWOPENNY; of little value; OPEN(start) in ToWNY(citydweller)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThere is no 25A. If it is 25d , the crossing Rations do not fit. Pl. relook.
DeleteSathia
Thanks KKR for an entertaining Sunday Special.
ReplyDeleteSathia
14A- Errand- Mission
ReplyDeleteE(rra)*ND
Most rare- rar
Thanks KKR for a refreshing crossie
ReplyDelete20A- Scotch- DD
ReplyDeletePut an end to/ Scotch
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete24D, Growl= Guttural sound(def.)
ReplyDeleteLow+ g(guttural+r(rumble)
primarily means taking first letters G, R
(Low+g+r)* Growl
Maybe is indicator of Anagram
7D- Croissant- Roll- Cro(I)ss a nt
ReplyDeleteOne in difficult- Cro(I)ss
Academy- A, Books= NT
Croissant is a bakery product
Anant sets his CW with the name of 'Crossant'. Whenever I see it, I remember this nice B'fast roll.
Delete10a. CADAVER. - Remains
ReplyDeleteCAD. - Rogue
AVER. - State
12a. IN TURN. - One after another
Intern. - Hold in custody
I say. - HP Ind
4 d. NORM. - Usual
M(-o)RON. - Fathead without O (basic. Outfit)
Gets up. - Reversal ind
Replace for 4d
ReplyDelete18 d. IN CAMERA. - For you and me
(American)*
Pants. - Anag ind
18D- Just a thought (though the clue is yet to be solved). 'Between you and me' fits better than 'For'.
ReplyDelete+1
DeleteNice enjoyable CW KKR. Thank you for keeping us entertained.
ReplyDelete5d CANNABIS (pot)
ReplyDelete(can)(basin)*
13a PANEL SAW (tool to cut woods)
Delete(plane)*(saw)
16a DINOSAUR (animal)
Delete(u n asteroid -et)*
6D : ON ICE
ReplyDeletePsy(m)ent essentially : M
M goes out of : INCO(-M)E : INCOE
(INCOE)* = ON ICE
Anagrind : Disposable
Defn : Deferred
Typo : PAYM)ENT essentially : M:
Delete25D : CROC ~ CROCK = Smut
ReplyDeleteHp ind : Sounding
Defn : Creature ( CROC for crocodile)
Hope all are over!
ReplyDeleteNice puzzle kkr garu. Thanks 😊
I think its all over and done.
ReplyDeleteThank you KKR & Col.
My third
ReplyDelete23A : FLAGON
Signal to stop : FLAG ON
Moving is the anagrind.
So (FLAG ON)* : FLAGON
Defn : Vessel
Doubt if it's a DD
Signal to stop would be Flag Down
DeleteThank you Colonel Sir
DeleteI am still stuck with anno. On(ward)?!! Moving!
DeleteThanks for the special KKR
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHas 15D been solved? I couldn't find
ReplyDelete15D:root canal=endodontist's job
ReplyDeletecorrect, but where is the anno?
DeleteIf there are no takers, I will annotate the clue at 21:15
Delete(Control dec(A)yed a )*
DeleteWell done Prasad
DeleteThanks to you all for solving it. Thanks to the blog and Col.
ReplyDelete15D- root canal
ReplyDelete(control a a)*
Essentially decayed- A
Area - A
Surgically- Superbly apt anind !!!
Remembered the " Surgical Strikes" of Operation Sindoor!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Paddy. Well solved
DeletePrasad had given the correct anno earlier- 21.13
ReplyDeleteWhy don't you say ' Well done' ti me as well?!!
ReplyDeleteI saw it after I put in my anno!